Delphi XML Component Persistence Readme
This readme contains a general description and an installation description for the Delphi
XML Component Persistence project.
Delphi XML Component Persistence is a set of components which enable the
programmer to store and retrieve component trees and properties to and
from xml strings and files.
The project is "Open Source" and licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
The project source and distributables are accessable for retrieval and collaboration at
To be updated about releases and other news, please subscribe to the newsletters here.
The components are designed for Delphi 5 (update 1) and 6 (update 2) and are not guaranteed to work under any other version of Delphi. The project is planned to be ported to Kylix in the near future.
These components require version 3 or higher of the Microsoft Xml parser. You can download version 3 update 2 here (Microsoft site is subject to change, this link may well be invalid once you need it :).
To install the XML Component Persistence in Delphi do the following (replace * with your Delphi version):
- Open the DnXml*0.bpg project group in Delphi (Menu File->Open Project...)
- Compile all contained projects (Menu Project->Compile All Projects)
- Install the DclDnXml*0.bpl package (right mouse click on DclDnXml*0.bpl and select Install)
- Install the DnTestModel*0.bpl (right mouse click on DnTestModel*0.bpl and select Install)
- Run TestXml.exe to see if it works (try Save/Load TestModel/Form
Dnote Software, email@example.com.
©2002 by Dnote Software. All rights reserved.